Videos You Should Know About
- National Geographic: The Human Footprint
Using science and revelatory visual events, NGC delivers an extraordinary personal audit of how much of the world's resources each of us consumes, illustrating the average American's human footprint.
- The Story of Stuff Project
The Story of Stuff Project’s mission is to build a strong, diverse, decentralized, cross-sector movement to transform systems of production and consumption to serve ecological sustainability and social well-being.
- Terracycle Overview
Terracycle makes eco-friendly products by upcycling various non-recyclable waste materials. While recycling breaks the existing material down so that it can then be reformed into new products, upcycling uses waste in its existing form to create new products. The waste is cleaned and can be shaped into backpacks, lamps, shower curtains, and much more. This video will provide an introduction to Terracycle.
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection: Easy As One Campaign
Florida’s Foundation and DEP teamed up to submit their project: Teach Florida students green habits that produce amazing results. At six collection events, students and the community will collect plastic bags to be recycled, offer shredding and recycling services and collect cell phones for disposal or donation.
Websites to Know
Emergency Management Links & Instructional Videos
Emergency Preparedness Links
You can use the below links to quickly prepare a Family Disaster Plan, learn the location of evacuation centers, register for a special needs evacuation center, secure information from FEMA (via social media sites) and, register to receive emergency alerts from the Miami Gardens Police Department.
- Preparing a Family Disaster Plan - provided by the state of Florida Division of Emergency Management
- The Official Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center link provides information on:
- People with Special Needs/Emergency Evacuation Centers Miami-Dade residents who require daily skilled nursing care, assistance with daily living, or have life-saving medical equipment dependent on electricity should register for the Special Needs & Emergency Evacuation Assistance Program (PSN/EEAP).
- The Official FEMA Accounts page contains information on FEMA text messages, social media sites, FEMA’s app and, an app for mobile devices.
- The Miami Gardens Police Department’s Code Red Community Notification System will notify you of emergency situations or send alerts that are critical to the community. Click Here to sign up for the city’s newsletter.