Bobcat Recycling & Solid Waste
STU has a single stream recycling program which means that all recyclable items can be placed into one bin and do not have to be sorted. STU also participates in several other types of recycling programs.
- Be informed -- Learn what items are accepted in STU's single stream recycling.
- Educate others -- Shared knowledge is the best knowledge! Teach co-workers and friends about recycling and it's importance.
Outline of Single Stream Recycling Items:
Bobcat's Recycle -- What else?
All can be delivered to Physical Plant, located in Lewis Hall!
- Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFL's - curly lightbulbs)
- Inkjet and toner cartridges
- Batteries (just make sure to place tape on both ends first)
- Potato chip bags, candy wrappers, juice pouches, etc.
- Candy Wrappers - Mars/Wrigley
- Drink Pouches - Capri Sun & Honest Kids
- Personal Care & Beauty - Garnier
- Chip Bags - Frito Lay
- Scotch Tape Dispensers
- Elmer's Glue
- Energy Bar Wrappers - Clif Bars
- Method Refills
Look for these containers throughout campus!
Physical Plant, Lewis Hall
All items will be sent to TerraCycle where they convert the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. For every item collected, STU receives $0.02 to go towards other green initiatives on campus.