Parents FAQS

Do you offer a payment plan? 
The university offers a tuition installment plan through Academic Management Service (AMS). For information on payment options and/or enroll in the program, please visit or call 1-800-635-0120. 

What is Bobcat Enrollment Center? 
Bobcat Enrollment Center is an integrated service center where students can address and handle their school related concerns in one place. Students are able to apply for financial aid, register for classes, pay their tuition bills, check the status of their financial aid refund, request transcripts as well as other services. For a complete list of services offered, visit Bobcat Enrollment Center.
What is FERPA and how does it affect my student and me? 
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act protects the privacy of educational records. Once a student turns 18 or attends a post-secondary institution, rights that had been the parents’ are transferred to the student. These rights include inspecting educational records and requesting that inaccurate records be corrected. Generally, the student’s written permission must be obtained before any information from his or her educational records can be released. Directory information (including name, address, etc.) can still be released without the student’s permission unless the student has formally requested otherwise.
How does my student apply for financial aid?
The first step in completing the financial aid process is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA determines a student’s financial need, and how much the school is able to award the student in financial aid. It is recommended that the FAFSA be completed online at For a complete list of items to complete, please visit here.
What are the steps required to complete a FAFSA?
The first step is to request a pin number, which is the electronic signature. The PIN request is done online at Once the pin number has been sent electronically (usually takes 48 hours), the FAFSA needs to be completed online, using the student and parent’s tax returns from the previous year if they are a dependent student, or just their taxes (and spouse, if applicable) if they are an independent student.
How much is tuition? 
Please go to 
Tuition to get the most up-to-date information.
When are tuition and fee payments due? 
They are due at the time of registration; however, if you are to receive financial aid or have set-up arrangements with our payment plan agency you will be asked to sign a promissory note to defer payment. Please keep in mind that you are 100%responsible for your account balance if your financial aid application is not processed or not approved.
Do you offer a payment plan? 
Yes, you may contact Sallie Mae’s
Academic Management Services which is an outside agency used by the university. There are two (2) separate payment plan options you may choose from. The five (5) month payment or the ten (10) month plan. Please contact AMS directly to discuss the options at 1-800-635-0120. There is an administrative fee to join either plan, this fee is non-refundable. 
There is an error on my student’s bill, who can I speak with about it?
An Enrollment Service Specialist at
Bobcat Enrollment Center can check your student’s account to determine if an error was made on your account and if so to help correct it. To do this you must have prior authorization from your student.
What academic support is available for my student? 
Each student is assigned an academic advisor from the faculty. Additionally, the University offers a full spectrum of services through The Academic Enhancement Center. This Center provides courses and services, which, are intended to (1) assist students achieve academic excellence, (2) prepare other students for academic work at the college level, and (3) assist non-native students in developing English language skills. Alternate modes of instruction, such as one-on-one tutorials, computer-assisted instruction, small groups and individualized instruction are used to address the needs of the students seeking assistance.
What additional social/academic support is available for my student? 
Our Office of Student Development staff work with a group of peer assistants (
CHAMP Peer Mentors) who support the University Preparation class required for all new students. They work to assist students with academic integration and social adjustment and promote student success.
My student will be living on campus what do I need to know? 
For all questions regarding housing go to Residence Life.
Are Counseling Services available to my student at St. Thomas University? 
Counseling Services are available to all registered St. Thomas students free of charge. Counseling Services are meant to assist students to work through personal, social, or academic issues that may come up during their time at the university.
If my student seeks counseling will I be informed?
Counseling Services respects your student’s right to privacy and strictly adheres to confidentiality between counselor and student. Counseling records are strictly confidential. Information regarding visits and records are not disclosed without written consent from the student except when presented with a life-threatening situation to protect and prevent harm to self .
How safe is St. Thomas University’s campus? 
We have a closed, very safe campus. It is continuously patrolled by public safety officers. In adherence to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can find on our website the University’s 
Annual Crime Statistics.