Foundations & Corporate Grants
St. Thomas University’s Grants Office is part of the Office of University Advancement, located on the second floor of the Main Library. Your contact in this office is Susan M. Smith at (305) 628-6661 or at email@example.com.
The Grants Office coordinates grant proposals for external funding from private and corporate foundations.
The Grants Office assists faculty in identifying funders and preparing proposals. Faculty and staff are the experts on the content of their individual proposals, but we will be happy to help with the following aspects:
• Identification of funding opportunities
• Editing and proofreading
• Grant writing tips
• Commonly required institutional information
• Budget development
• Institutional letters of support
• Application submission
• STU Facts
• Click here to view our Facts brochure
• Click here to view our Fact Book - including more complete information, published by the Office of Institutional Research
All faculty seeking external funding from foundations should first read the information in the link below Preparing Your Proposal. In paragraph 2, you will see that Part 1 of the STU Proposal Concept Approval (Précis) Form (see below) must be completed before writing the grant. This form is to ensure your proposal is in line with STU’s overall Strategic Plan and the goals of individual schools.