- USDA Grant Partnership: Florida International University, Miami Dade College North Campus and St. Thomas University—School of Science…Prof. Pilar Maul
- Three USDA recognized HSI Higher Education Agriculture and Agriculture-Support Universities: St. Thomas University, Florida International University & Miami Dade College
- USDA Research Center in Coral Gables, Florida, and St. Thomas University.
- The USDA Research Center and St. Thomas University, School of Science…have cooperated in the provision of formal research initiatives by undergraduate science students under the direction of Prof. Pilar Maul.
- Archdiocesan University (STU) and School System
- Center for Research and Professional Development developing
- (1) National Think Thank &
- (2) Ph.D. in Education - Specialty in Catholic Schooling
- Recommended: Planning Ph.D. in Education Catholic Higher Education
- Miami Dade County Schools and St. Thomas University Academic Affairs ETO Schools Division & Biscayne College/School of Science/AR with eight project
- Science Inquiry based activities for Elementary students.
- Rising 9th graders Biology, Geometry, English classes during the summer at STU (Depending on End of Year Exam availability during the summer).
- AA degree program with Dual Enrollment primarily at selected schools some courses, as feasible, on campus. Dr. Vitti indicated his desire that this program achieve a number of objectives including the retention of notably achieving students in selected ETO schools (Miami Norland H.S. Carol City H.S., North Miami H.S. North Miami Beach H.S.) There may be achieving schools that Dr. Vitti would choose to benefit by the AA degree program and Dual Enrollment.
- 21stCentury Elementary School grant project.
- Possibility of 21st Century Middle and/or Senior High School Programs initiated by MDCPS with University Support.
- Science Fair for Elementary Schools.
- Title V- Outreach to High Schools with needed and systematic tutoring, enrichment and college preparatory development. This may included creating University satellite academic enhancement centers, reading development centers and writing development centers.
- Chinese Language and Culture studies for International Business professional development to be established for International Business Magnet Schools. South Florida has a rapidly growing business relationship with China. This will evolve into a triangulation international business professional development with South Florida being the gateway to Latin American business and pervasive interest and activity of China in Latin America. An outstanding Chinese university has already committed to triangulation with St. Thomas University. In addition St. Thomas University will seek funding for selected teacher development to teach Chinese in their regular assignment.
- University Schools
- Individual schools and the University for a partnership for the purpose of mutual benefit especially in support of the advancement of the school but also with strengthening of the University in providing research, internship, and other engagement of university programs in schools.
- Current cooperative development joining the University and individual schools are anticipated to progressing toward forming University Schools. These include public schools, charter schools, and Catholic schools.
- AGEP Florida International University and St. Thomas University for Development of Doctoral Students as Professors of Science.
- As partners both institutions have submitted a request for AGEP program funding to the National Science Foundation to initiate the partnerships: Primary responsibility of FIU is the development of the doctoral students in research. STU responsibility is to development the doctoral participants in teaching methodology at undergraduate level and research project realization. The NSF funding would also provide support for 20 undergraduate students engaged in research-inquiry based development in their undergraduate degree studies.