University Language Center
Academic Support & Tutoring
The University Language Center supports its mission and overarching goal of preparing students in acquisition of English language and other language skills for both academic programs and University life through classroom and lab instruction, mentoring, tutoring, coaching and engagement in social activities and cultural experiences.
Who We Are
The University Language Center is an Academic Support Service for students who are enrolled in University language acquisition courses, primarily English for Academic Purposes, English as a Second Language, and English@Work, as well as other language programs offered by the University.
We are coaches, mentors and tutors who are trained to assist students who want to improve their academic performance.
What We Offer
- Individual one hour appointments for coaching, mentoring and tutoring in the four skills of language acquisition - listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Individual or small group tutoring in reading comprehension, note taking from a text book or in class, writing a paper, listening and speaking in class, making a presentation, or studying for an exam.
- Interactive computer programs for self-directed learning through practice in listening, vocabulary and grammar.
- Workshops and seminars for students to build skills and enhance academic performance.
- In class presentations at the request of an instructor.