Requirements for Graduate Admission
All applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment. The Graduate Admissions Committee considers all applicants for admission on the basis of their academic record, personal and professional accomplishments, motivation, talents, recommendations, personal statement, and test results, as applicable. Some programs require an interview. Applicants may be required to submit the results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Graduate Management Test (GMAT), the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), and/or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Level Of English Proficiency (LOEP) pre-test to assess English skills.
All required application materials, including official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, must be submitted to the Office of Admissions prior to the semester for which the applicant plans to enroll. All documents become the sole property of St. Thomas University (STU) and cannot be forwarded to another institution or returned to the applicant.
In order for an applicant’s file to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, the file must contain the following:
- A completed and signed Application for Graduate Admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 US currency (money orders, treasurer or bank checks made payable to St. Thomas University). The application fee is waived for STU Alumni.
- Official college and/or university transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Official transcripts are those mailed or electronically sent directly from the institutions attended to the Office of Admissions at St. Thomas University.
- Two letters of recommendation or the recommendation forms. Applicants to the Pastoral Ministries, Master of Divinity, Sports Administration, Ph.D in Practical Theology, and Ed.D in Leadership Management programs must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Admissions test scores, personal statements, and a personal interview, if required by the graduate program.
- A formal writing assessment may be required by some graduate programs.
Applicants should refer to their specific graduate program for additional requirements.
Please click here to apply and to view additional forms for Graduate Admission