Private Alternative Loans
Alternative loans are available through commercial lenders for educational costs during periods of enrollment. They are based on credit-worthiness (meaning that the lender will do a credit check). We recommend that students request a copy of their credit report to check for accuracy and that all valid credit problems are addressed before applying for an alternative loan.
We strongly suggest that students submit a FAFSA and seek federal loan assistance before attempting to participate in any alternative loan programs.
Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification
Before disbursement of any private education loan can occur, the private loan self certification form must be completed and submitted to your lender.
- Following the instructions included on the form below.
- In order to complete Section 3 of the form, you will need to access:
- Your Cost of Attendance to complete Section 3, Item A
- Your Estimated Financial Aid by following these instructions:
- Log-in to MyBobcat
- Under the "Web Advisor menu", select "Financial Aid Award letter" and select the year.
- Write the total of your estimated financial aid award on Section 3, Item B of the form.
- Complete Section 3, Item C using the formula on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact Bobcat Enrollment Center at (305) 474-6900.
- Submit this form to your lender once completed; do not submit this form to Bobcat Enrollment Center or Financial Aid Office.
International students may be eligible for alternative loans.
To compare lender benefits and apply for a Private Loan click here
ATTENTION: Please be sure to use our school code 001468 when appliying for a Private Loan.