1. Contact your Advisor to register for classes:
2. When you have heard from your advisor and registered for classes, you are ready to begin!
What to know before you register:
The completion of twelve courses, of three credit hours each, are required for graduation. Our courses are divided into three semesters; Spring, Summer and Fall. Spring is divided into two terms, Summer has one term, and Fall has two terms. Typically, each term, our students take two courses.
How long does the course take to complete?
Following the program schedule above, it will take approximately 15 months to complete the program. The course can also be completed in less than a year.
What computer software and hardware will I need to complete the program online?
- Windows XP, Windows 7 (recommended)
- MAC OSX 10.5 “Leopard”, Mac OSX 10.6 “Snow Leopard”
Basic Productivity Tools:
Supported Web Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and up
- Google Chrome (Stable Channel)
- Mozilla Firefox (Final Release Channel)
- Apple Safari 4.0 and up
If AOL is your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you should use either Internet Explorer or Firefox browser versions listed above.
Browser Settings: Please refer to your browser's Help features to check these settings.
- Pop-Up Blocker should be disabled
- Java Script should be enabled
- Java should be enabled
- Cookies should be enabled
Plug-ins: The most recent version of the following plug-ins are required for many of the resources available in your online courses.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Apple QuickTime Player
- Latest Java
All plug-ins needed to participate in components of your online classes are available at no additional cost. It is recommended that you review the list of plug-ins and install them prior to beginning your coursework. No Beta versions of any software are supported.
- High speed Internet access (LAN, DSL, and Cable) is required for STU online programs. Wired connection is recommended for participating live web conferences and online lectures.Satellite and wireless connections are not recommended. Performance may be suboptimal due to latency and signal instability.
- If AOL is your ISP, you must use the Internet Explorer or Firefox as your Web browser, rather than the default AOL browser. Simply launch the appropriate browser after logging onto your AOL account.
Every student is provided with a STU email account and it is the official email for our Learning Management System. This will avoid issues with Spam filters and other problems that may prevent you from receiving email from your instructors. STU email will also enable you to participate in special student offers that are available only to students with an "stu.edu" email address.
Minimum Personal Computer Specification:
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 64 GB Hard drive minimum
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
- Headset with built-in microphone
- A Webcam may be required
Tuition and Fees
Access your STU email
International Student Information
*St. Thomas University's Federal School Code is 001468