How to Apply
Please complete an application form and provide the information listed below in order to be considered for admission to the Master of Laws Program in Environmental Sustainability. The Admissions Committee will consider complete applications only.
Applications to the Master of Laws in Environmental Sustainability may be sent at any time throughout the year. Applications received after July 31 of the current year will be considered for the following academic year. Applicants will be informed of the decision regarding their candidacy within three weeks of receiving completed application materials.
* A completed application form.
* Personal Statement: Please prepare an essay of no more than two double-spaced pages outlining the reasons for your interest in obtaining a Master of Laws in Environmental Sustainability. Describe your goals and desired area of work. You may choose to reflect on your experience with environmental issues and defining occurrences and influences. Your confidential essay will be used only for the purpose of assessing your application.
* A current résumé (curriculum vitae).
* Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended as an undergraduate or graduate student. Applicants who attended foreign institutions must have the equivalent of U.S. Juris Doctor degree, proved either by original transcripts sent by the education institution directly to St. Thomas University LL.M. Program in Environmental Sustainability or, if the institution does not provide this service, by certified copies of foreign diplomas and transcripts. Foreign diplomas and transcripts should be translated into English and certified or notarized.
* Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers.
Please provide a telephone number and preferred time bracket so that we may reach you for an interview.
(Morning 9:00 a.m. - noon; afternoon, noon - 5:30 p.m.; evening, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.)
* International students applying to the LL.M. program must submit their application through the Law School Admission Council, www.lsac.org. All LL.M.-E.S. applicants educated outside the United States must use LSAC’s International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service as well as LL.M. CAS. Please notify us directly, at environmentLLM@stu.edu of your intention to apply.
* An application fee of $60. Please make checks payable to St. Thomas University.