Federal Perkins Exit Loan Counseling
Federal regulations require that all Perkins Loan borrowers complete an exit counseling interview. Exit counseling provides information on loan balances and explanations on repayment, interest rates, deferments and cancellation benefits. It also provides answers to specific questions about the Federal Perkins loan for students graduating or transferring from STU.
For your convenience you may complete this federal requirement online by visiting the ECSI website for students at https://borrower.ecsi.net/, and log in to access your account.
You will need the following information to complete this requirement.
- St. Thomas University School code with ECSI: S7
- Borrower’s Social Security Number
- ECSI issued PIN number. The ECSI pin number is located on any statement or bill sent to you from ECSI in regard to your Perkins loans.
- To request your PIN, please click here and go to “Need help logging in?”
- Once form is completed, borrower’s pin information will ONLY be emailed due to privacy mandates.
Student borrowers may contact ECSI by phone at (888) 549-3274 or contact the Business Office in person or by phone at (305) 474 6977. After obtaining the pin number, student borrowers should then log onto: https://www.ecsi.net/cgi-bin/bcgi.exe and click on the Unsigned Web Exit Interview link.
**It is required that every student, upon completing the online web exit interview, stop by the Business Office in Kennedy Hall, room 102 to complete the counseling process with the Perkins Loan Coordinator. At this time, a driver’s license will be required, and restrictions will be removed from the student’s account.
Note: Online Exit Interview access is handled by our Perkins Loan Servicer: ECSI (Educational Computer Systems Inc. Mailing address: 181 Montour Run Road, Coraopolis PA 15108).