Office Phone: 305-474-6536; Office E-mail: email@example.com
Yi-Ying Chiang, Ed. D.
These courses include the courses required for the ESOL Category 1 and Category 2 Endorsement in the State of Florida. These courses are offered in an online format.
These courses are designed for individuals who are pursuing an ESOL Endorsement from the State of Florida.
The ESOL endorsement courses consist of 15 credit hours. The cost is $797 per credit or $11,955.00 total.
Average cost of books for the program is $625
Link to O*NET CODE: http://www.onetonline.org/find/quick?s=esol
25-3011.00 - Adult Literacy, Remedial Education, and GED Teachers and Instructors
Candidates seeking admission to this endorsement must file an application form with the University’s Office of Admissions. The program faculty reviews each application and makes its recommendation on admission to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions notifies applicants of the decision on their applications.
1. A completed application form submitted to the program leader.
2. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in bachelor’s degree work.
4. Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
5. A Florida teaching certificate.
6. An intake interview with the Program Coordinator.
Required Courses 15 Credits
These courses are offered in an online format.
EDU 506 Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language
EDU 511 Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding
EDU 512 ESOL Curriculum & Materials Development
EDU 516 Testing & Evaluation of ESOL
EDU 555 Applied Linguistics: Language and Literacy through ESOL