Gifted Education Endorsement
Office Phone: 305-474-6536; Office E-mail: email@example.com
Yi-Ying Chiang, Ed. D.
GIFTED EDUCATION CERTIFICATE
This certificate is designed for individuals who are pursuing a Gifted Endorsement from Florida.
Total Average Cost of Tuition is $797 per credit or $11,955.00 total.
Average cost of books for the program is $625
Link to O*NET CODE: http://www.onetonline.org/find/quick?s=gifted+education
25-2041.00 - Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School
Candidates seeking admission to this certificate must file an application form with the University’s Office of Admissions. The program faculty reviews each application and makes its recommendation on admission to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions notifies applicants of the decision on their applications.
1. A completed application form submitted to the program leader.
2. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in bachelor’s degree work.
4. Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
5. A Florida teaching certificate.
6. An intake interview with the Program Coordinator.
Required Courses 15 credits
EEX 540 Nature & Needs of Gifted Students
EEX 541 Educating Special Populations of Gifted students
EEX 542 Theory & Development of Creativity
EEX 544 Curriculum & Strategies for Teaching Gifted Students
EEX 546 Guidance & Counseling of Gifted Students