Office Phone: 305-474-6536; Office E-mail: email@example.com
Yi-Ying Chiang, Ed. D
This certificate is designed for individuals who are pursuing a Reading Endorsement from Florida.
Average Tuition Cost is $797 per credit or $11,955.00 total.
Average cost of books for the program is $625
Link to O*NET CODE: http://www.onetonline.org/find/quick?s=Reading
25-1123.00 - English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Candidates seeking admission to this certificate must file an application form with the University’s Office of Admissions. The program faculty reviews each application and makes its recommendation on admission to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions notifies applicants of the decision on their applications.
1. A completed application form submitted to the program leader.
2. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in bachelor’s degree work.
4. Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
5. A Florida teaching certificate.
6. An intake interview with the Program Coordinator.
Required Courses 15 credits
EDU 521 Effective Reading Instruction (K-12)
EDU 522 Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Disabilities
RED 500 The Reading Process in the Content Area
RED 505 Techniques of Remedial and Corrective Reading
RED 510 Reading Practicum
Pre-requisites: EDU 521, EDU 522, RED 500, RED 505