New/Transfer Student Orientation Checklist
- Submit Official Transcript, Test Scores (ACT,SAT)
- Submit Tuition Deposit
- Complete required Academic Testing (if applicable)
- Set up Installment Payment Plan by July 1st but no later than first day of classes
- Provide proof of health insurance and turn in health information documentation to STU BASIC by the first week of classes.
- Students with pre-existing health or psychological conditions should report to Academic Enhancement Center (Disabilities Services) or Associate Director of Health and Wellness who is a licensed psychologist.
- International students should schedule an appointment with the International Student Advisor no later than 15 days after the start of the semester to complete the SEVIS check-in.
- If undecided about your major, schedule an appointment with Career Services.
- Secure Academic Advising prior to registering for classes.
- Register for the UNI 101 College Success class.
- Remember when you register for 12 credit hours, you are really paying for 17 credit hours, so consider some one-credit co-curricular courses.
- Consult catalog and get Academic Advisor approval for courses and register for classes.
- Last day to Drop/Add is 8th day of the term.
- Know the General Education Requirements (GERs) you must complete.
- Read and respond to all STU email and snail mail received; don’t become a judicial affairs casualty.
- Don’t let problems become so large you can’t solve them