Nadia B. Soree
Professor of Law
B.M., The Julliard School
M.M., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
J.D., Yale Law School
Nadia B. Soree joined the law faculty at St. Thomas University in 2008. Professor Soree earned her law degree from Yale Law School. After graduation, Professor Soree began her professional legal career in the Office of the Legislative Counsel of the United States House of Representatives as an Assistant Legislative Counsel, providing legal advice on and drafting federal legislation with a primary concentration in the areas of federal criminal law, controlled substances, veterans’ benefits, and appropriations.
Prior to attending law school, Professor Soree was a professional pianist and harpsichordist, having earned her Bachelor of Music degree from The Juilliard School, and a Masters in Music from the Mason Gross School of the Arts of Rutgers University. She continues to enjoy the occasional opportunity to perform.
Professor Soree teaches Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, and Evidence, and researches and writes primarily on Fourth Amendment issues. Her major publications include:
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Fourth Amendment: The Plight of Unreasonably Seized Passengers Under the Heightened Factual Nexus Approach to Exclusion, 51 AM. CRIM. L. REV. 601 (2014).
- Show and Tell, Seek and Find: A Balanced Approach To Defining a Fourth Amendment Search and the Lessons of Rape Reform, 40 SEARCH AND SEIZURE L. REP. 85 (December 2013).
- Whose Fourth Amendment and Does It Matter? A Due Process Approach to Fourth Amendment Standing, 46 IND. L. REV. 753 (2013).
- Show and Tell, Seek and Find: A Balanced Approach To Defining a Fourth Amendment Search and the Lessons of Rape Reform, 43 SETON HALL L. REV. 127 (2013).
- The Demise of Fourth Amendment Standing: From Standing Room to Center Orchestra, 8 NEV. L.J. 570 (2008).
- When the Innocent Speak: False Confessions, Constitutional Safeguards, and the Role of Expert Testimony, 32 AM. J. CRIM. L. 191 (2005).
You can find some of Professor Soree’s writings on her SSRN page at: http://ssrn.com/author=1678778