Career Workshops & Events
Students interested in discussing any of the below topics with a Career Advisor can call the office to schedule an appointment. Faculty members are invited to schedule career related workshops for their classes. Please call Career Services at (305) 628-6688 to arrange for the presentation of one of the following topics:
- Career Decision-Making and the Job Market
- Choosing a Major with Confidence: Find Your Passion!
- Don’t get caught in the Wrong Career
- Dress for Success: Learn how to impress!
- Freshman Checklist: Preparing for Your Career
- Getting the Most Out of the Career Expo
- Going to Grad School
- Internships: A Pathway to Your Chosen Career
- Interviewing Skills: What You Need Besides Confidence
- Job Market Outlook
- Salary Negotiations: What You Need to Know
- Skills Employers Seek: Know What They Do
- Skills Identification: Why You Will Make a Great Professional
- The Economy and Internships
- Resume tips: Earn More Money Sooner
- Other career topics may be considered - please email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that aspects of many of these topics may also be addressed in individual career advising appointments with students.
For a list of current events, please contact Career Services by phone (305-628-6688) or email (email@example.com