The 109 Typical Job Interview Questions
Please visit Career Services to get the other 59 interview questions.
1.How would you describe yourself?
2. What specific goals, including those related to your occupation, have you established for your life?
3. How has your college experience prepared you for a business career?
4. Please describe the ideal job for you following graduation.
5. What influenced you to choose this career?
6. At what point did you choose this career?
7. What specific goals have you established for your career?
8. What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?
9. What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
10. How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments.
11. Do you have the qualifications and personal characteristics necessary for success in your chosen career?
12. What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?
13. If you could do so, how would you plan your college career differently?
14. Are you more energized by working with data or by collaborating with other individuals?
15. How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
16. What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
17. Given the investment our company will make in hiring and training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
18. Would you describe yourself as goal-driven?
19. Describe what you’ve accomplished toward reaching a recent goal for yourself.
20. What short-term goals and objectives have you established for yourself?
21. Can you describe your long-range goals and objectives?
22. What do you expect to be doing in five years?
23. What do you see yourself doing in ten years?
24. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?
25. Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor or instructor? How did you resolve the conflict?
26. Tell me about a major problem you recently handled. Were you successful in resolving it?
27. Would you say that you can easily deal with high-pressure situations?
28. What quality or attribute do you feel will most contribute to your career success?
29. What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or on the job? 30. What were your reasons for selecting your college or university?
31. If you could change or improve anything about your college, what would it be?
32. How will the academic program and coursework you’ve taken benefit your career?
33. Which college classes or subjects did you like best? Why?
34. Are you the type of student for whom conducting independent research has been a positive experience?
35. Describe the type of professor that has created the most beneficial learning experience for you.
36. Do you think that your grades are an indication of your academic achievement?
37. What plans do you have for continued study? An advanced degree?
38. Before you can make a productive contribution to the company, what degree of training do you feel you will require?
39. Describe the characteristics of a successful manager.
40. Why did you decide to seek a position in this field?
41. Tell me what you know about our company.
42. Why did you decide to seek a position in this company?
43. Do you have a geographic preference?
44. Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our company is located?
45. Would it be a problem for you to relocate?
46. To what extent would you be willing to travel for the job?
47. Which is more important to you, the job itself or your salary?
48. What level of compensation would it take to make you happy?
49. Tell me about the salary range you’re seeking.
50. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way?
Quintessential Careers – DeLand, FL 32720
Home Page: http://www.quintcareers.com