Students, faculty and staff may dine in The Bobcat Cafe (located in Carroll Hall) or the Rathskeller snack bar (located in the Student Center.) Resident students are required to participate in the campus board plan. Non-resident students may purchase commuter meal plans directly from Bobcat Dining.
The Bobcat Cafe offers many different selections from which to choose, including:
Breakfast offers a complete hot line service, plus assorted cold cereals, and our "make your own waffle" station.
The Bobcat Cafe offers a full service deli which offers wraps, assorted meats and other additives.
The Pizza Zone has a rotating menu that includes hot subs and pasta dishes.
The Chef’s Plate offers two entrées, starch, vegetable and pasta at each meal, along with our fresh daily, salad bar, ice cream counter, and Pepsi beverages.
Special Nights are offered each month, along with a lunch time special. All questions should be directed to the Director of Dining Services at 305-628-6592.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
Breakfast 7:30 to 9:00
Lunch 11:30 to 2:00
Dinner 5:00 to 8:00
Saturday - Sunday
Brunch 11:00 to 1:00
Dinner 4:30 to 6:00
Note: During Holidays we observe the brunch schedule
Policies and Procedures
All students who reside in the residence halls are required to eat on campus under a board plan. Aramark food services provide a full service food program to the University.
Aramark food service assists students with many health needs, including special diets. They will also provide any necessary special diets for students when prescribed and approved in writing by a medical doctor.
The food service offers a "Bobcat Dollars" option to enhance the student’s board plan.
Students may use this allotment to purchase meals and/or snacks at any on-campus Aramark food service location.
Meal Plan changes can be made during the first week of each semester.
Campus Dining Rules
- All resident students must have their ID cards with them to enter the Bobcat Cafe. Students without ID cards will be turned away from the Café unless prior permission is given by the Director.
- All St. Thomas University community members must present an ID to receive the staff, faculty and student discount price for a meal.
- Only resident students with proper ID may use The Bobcat Cafe during regular operating hours.
- ID cards and meals are not transferable. If a resident student would like to treat a guest, the resident student can utilize his/her Bobcat Dollars. The resident student must be present to verify this transaction. Any student who gives their ID to another student to use in the Café will have their ID confiscated and must go to the Office of the Dean of Students to retrieve it.
- For your safety, you must report all lost or missing ID cards to Campus Life and Bobcat Dining immediately.
- The set-up of the dining facility at Carroll Hall allows for an all-you-care-to-eat atmosphere. Meals must be eaten in the dining facility or one to-go box is allowed. To-go service includes one entrée, one starch, one vegetable, one fruit or one ice cream cone, two 8-oz. drinks and plastic silverware. Once you elect to sit down to eat, you can no longer remove any food from the dining facility. Any student found violating the to-go service regulations will not be allowed to participate in the to-go program thereafter.
- Patrons are permitted to remove one piece of fruit or an ice cream cone (not both) when they are finished eating and are exiting the facility. No exceptions will be made.
- No outside containers may be brought into the dining facility to be utilized for the removal of food or beverages.
- Paper cups and plastic silverware are to be utilized for to go meals only.
- Patrons who prefer to eat their meal on the outdoor patio must take a to-go box and must adhere to the to-go guidelines set forth in #6 above.
- All patrons must take their trays to the dish racks in the dining facility before leaving.
- The dining facilities on campus do accept credit cards. Checks will only be accepted for purchase of Bobcat dollars on your card.
Again, only resident students with proper ID and cash-paying patrons may use The Bobcat Cafe during regular operating hours. If you would like to bring a guest into the dining facility, you must either utilize your Bobcat dollars or pay cash for them.