How to Apply 

Change of Visa Status
Please schedule an appointment with the International Student Advisor and bring the following documents. Verify with the advisor that all documentation is correct prior to submitting request for change of status.
  • Completed G-1145 Form (right-click on link and select "save as")
  • Check or money order  in the amount of $290 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for I-539 application fee
  • Form  I-539 (right-click on link and select "save as")
  • Original I-20 or DS-2019 (issued by the ISA)
  • I-901 Receipt of SEVIS fee payment to be paid after I-20 or DS-2019 has been issued by ISA
  • Copy of I-94 Card (front and back)
  • Copy of passport identification pages (including expiration date)
  • Copy of visa
  • Proof of Financial Support
  • Dependent Family Member Documentation (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa, I-94), if applicable
  • Letter of Explanation: Letter explaining why you are requesting a change of status can help convince USCIS of your non-immigrant intent and if applying for a student category may persuade the USCIS adjudicator that the student did not have a pre-conceived intent to study in the U.S.