Campus Services & Benefits
As an STU Alumni Association member you can take advantage of the campus services and benefits below.
The Office of Career Services
is dedicated to assisting STU alumni in attaining their career goals through one-on-one advising, job search assistance, career expos, workshops, and access to the Bobcat Career Connection, which is the online center where alumni can search for employment opportunities posted by employers who are interested in recruiting our students/alumni.
For more information, please visit the Office of Career Services website
, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 305-628-6688.
STU Library Access
STU alumni members receive free access to the University Library collection materials and are eligible for borrowing privileges of unrestricted materials.
For more information, please visit the University Library website
, or contact the Circulation Desk at email@example.com
Alumni ID Cards
All graduates of Biscayne College and St. Thomas University are eligible for an Alumni ID Card
which gives alumni access to special university privileges. With this card, you can:
- Enter the university by swiping your card at the gate house
- Check out materials and utilize computers at the Main Library
- Access the Archbishop John C. Favalora Archive and Museum
- Receive alumni-only discounts at the Bookstore on campus and online
- Access the Fitness Center in the Fernandez Family Center for Leadership & Wellness (additional fees apply)
To obtain your Alumni ID Card
, please complete the online Alumni ID Card Application
along with a one-time $10 non-refundable fee.
Fitness Center Membership
Alumni are eligible to apply for a Fitness Center membership
which is $150 annually and includes intramural participation and an alumni ID card. To apply, follow the instructions below.
- Complete and submit Alumni ID Card & Fitness Center Membership Application online, and $150 annual Fitness Center membership fee
- Complete and sign the Athletic/Recreational Release Agreement
- Wait for the Office of Alumni Relations to email you a receipt
- Bring a copy of your receipt and Athletic/Recreational Release Agreement to the Bobcat Enrollment Center to receive your ID card
Alumni Parking Decal
St. Thomas University Alumni are eligible to apply for an Alumni Parking Decal. Decals are valid for one year (September 1 – August 31) and you must follow the steps below to obtain an initial or renewal decal.
When you visit the Security Gatehouse
- Complete the Alumni Parking Decal Application form online.
- The Office of Alumni Relations will verify that your alumni record is current and complete. If your record requires an update, you will be notified via email. Please note that it may take up to 5 business days to make changes with all of the necessary departments.
- Once your record is complete, you will receive an Alumni Parking Decal Receipt via email.
- You must print and bring your Alumni Parking Decal Receipt with you to the Security Gatehouse to receive your Alumni Parking Decal. Decals cannot be mailed.
(NW 37th Avenue entrance) you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Alumni Parking Decal Receipt
- Valid driver's license
- Valid vehicle registration
- Proof of current insurance
You will be issued your Alumni Parking Decal once the Public Safety staff member reviews your documents.
For more information or questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Ministry Services for Alumni
St. Thomas University alumni are eligible to use Campus Ministry services such as daily Mass, Women’s Bible Study Group, “Growing in the Faith” Formation Program, Baptisms and Weddings at the Chapel of Saint Anthony, Spiritual Retreats, Mass for a Departed Soul, Mass Cards, Anointing of the Sick and more. Please visit the Campus Ministry Services for Alumni page
for more information about these services.
For assistance and questions, you may also contact Claudia H. Herrera, Director of Campus Ministry at Cherrera7@stu.edu
STU Campus Bookstore
As an STU Alumni Association member you are eligible to receive a 10% discount* at the STU Campus Bookstore when you shop online and in-store
- IN-STORE: Please identify yourself as an “ALUMNUS/ALUMNA” at the register and the sales associate will apply the 10% discount* to your purchase.
- ONLINE: Once you are ready to checkout, enter “ALUMNI” in the Order Comments box in the Delivery Options screen. Your 10% discount* will be applied once the order is processed and will be shown on your final receipt. Note: the discount will not be reflected when you complete the order online.
*10% discount is restricted to clothing and gifts. Textbook purchases/rentals do not qualify for the discount.
Alumni are eligible to receive discounted pricing of $6.00
for all meals in the Bobcat Dining
. Just identify yourself as an alumnus/alumna!
STU Publication Subscriptions
is the biannual alumni newsletter that is mailed to all Alumni Association members. You can view past editions online
. For Class Notes (including alumni news, photos, career changes, marriages, birth announcements, memberships and honors) submissions, please email the Editor of CONTACT, Susan Smith, at email@example.com
STU License Plates
As a member of the STU Alumni Association, you will receive special invitations to STU events
such as lectures, business networking receptions, alumni events, campus activities, sporting events, receptions, and more. No matter where you live, we will keep you in the loop. Join our mailing list
An STU license plate is a great way to show your St. Thomas University spirit while supporting academic excellence and the Annual Fund. Join hundreds of drivers in Florida riding with Bobcat pride.
How much does an STU license plate cost?
The cost is just $25 in addition to your regular plate registration fee.
How much money goes to the Annual Fund?
When you purchase a new license plate, and with each renewal thereafter, $25 goes back directly to the STU Annual Fund, which supports student scholarships.
How do I order an STU license plate?
Anyone residing in Florida is able to obtain an STU license plate through any DMV office
or tag agency in Florida. Just stop by your preferred location to purchase the plate or visit the Florida DMV website
for additional information.