Dr. Darrell Arnold
Interim Dean; Associate Professor of Philosophy
PhD, University of Bielefeld (Germany); MA, Saint Louis University; BA, Bellarmine University
Darrell Arnold is the Interim Dean of Biscayne College and Associate Professor of Philosophy. He is also the president of the Humanities and Technology Association (HTA), a national interdisciplinary society focusing on the study of technology and society. From 2012 to 2014 Dr. Arnold was editor of the Humanities and Technology Review, the journal of the HTA. Dr. Arnold has published in numerous areas, including social and political theory, ethics, the philosophy of science, the philosophy of technology, and environmental philosophy. He is editor of Traditions of Systems Theory (Routledge). Among his numerous translations from German are Matthias Vogel’s Media of Reason (Columbia UP) and Chrys Mantzavinos’ Naturalistic Hermeneutics (Cambridge UP).
- Arnold, D, & Safit, I. (Eds.) (2015). Essays on Humanity and Technology. An HTR Supplementary Publication. Published by the Humanities and Technology Association.
- Arnold, D., (Ed.) (2012-2014). Humanities and Technology Review, 31, 32, 33 (Fall).
- Arnold, D. (Ed.) (2013). Traditions of systems theory: Major figures and developments. New York: Routledge.
- Arnold, D., & Maier-Rigaud, F. P. (2013). The enduring relevance of the model Platonism critique for economics and public policy. Journal of Institutional Economics, 8(3), 289-294.
- Arnold, D., (2012). Hegel and Ecologically Oriented Systems Theory. Journal of Philosophy: A Cross Disciplinary Inquiry, 7 (16).