|Dr. Cindy Silitsky
- Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University; M.S.W., Barry University; B.A., Florida Atlantic University
- Associate Professor of Education
- (305) 474-6907
is an Associate Professor of Education, Counselor Education/Student Counseling, and Guidance Services in the Dept. Of Social Sciences, Biscayne College, St. Thomas University. She practices therapy from a “relational perspective”, and her practice consists primarily of couples, families, adolescents, and young adults seeking assistance with relationships.
- Couples, Family and Individual therapy
- Relationships, Divorce, Infidelity
- Sexual Orientation
- Grief and Loss
- Chronic Pain or Illness
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Sex Therapy
- Substance Abuse
- Qualitative Research
- Jones SG, Silitsky. C. (2004). Mothers' voices: culturally diverse mothers' experiences talking with their children about HIV/AIDS. Journal of Cultural Diversity, 11(2), 58-64.
- Silitsky, C., & Treadwell, L. T. (2006). Intergrating and enhancing mental health course through service learning: A case study. In MS. GiannakaKai, G.T Papanikos, Y. Pozios, and J.K. Richards (Eds.) Research on Education(pp.813-828). Athens, GR Atiner Institute for Education and Research.
- Silitsky, C., & Jones, S.G. (2005). Mother’s voices: Enhancing mother-child communication for HIV prevention. Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children and Youth, 6(2). 33-46.
- Silitsky, C.A. (2000) Men in Couples Therapy: A qualitative study. Unpublished doctoral Dissertation. (UMI 2000, Bell & Howell Information and Learning, Microfilm No. 99-64920.)
- Silitsky, C., & Treadwell, L. (2006). Intergrating and enhancing mental health course through service learning: A case study. Presented at the 8’th International Conference on Education; Area of Psychology, Athens, Greece, May 2006.
- Silitsky, C., Sierra, J., & Kendrick, L. (2005, October). Six Minute Relationships: Research on ‘Speed-dating’. Presented poster session at American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) Annual Conference, Kansas City, MO., October 2005