|Dr. Judith Bachay
- Ph.D., M.S., Barry University; B.A., Biscayne College
- Professor of Education and Counselor Education/Student Counseling and Guidance Services at St. Thomas University
- (305) 628-6583
, Ph.D., L.M.H.C. holds a doctorate in Leadership and Counseling from Barry University, and has taught interdisciplinary courses in Ireland, Germany, Spain, Scotland, Slovenia and the U.S. She is the Director of graduate School Guidance and Counselling programs at St. Thomas University. As a Fulbright Scholar through the University of Primorska she lectured in Ljubljana, Slovenia. She is excited about returning to teach leadership, using a highly experiential approach relevant for all learning styles. Dr. Bachay invites learners into an interactional learning community that explores the compelling need for the understanding and practice of leadership that is informed by our increasingly global complexity. Dr. Bachay is experienced in interdisciplinary social justice work and teaches multicultural counseling with special and diverse populations. She is a member of the international Women Waging Peace network and has co-edited three volumes of books entitled “Women Moving Forward” that deal witth a gendered approach to human rights issues.
Areas of Interest:
- Multicultural Counseling
- Counseling for Social Justice
- Servant Leadership
- Social Capital
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Zagreb School of Economics and Management, Zagreb Croatia
- Summer School Leadership Courses
- The "Nuts & Bolts" of the Guidance & Counseling Program at St. Thomas University
- Graduate Abroad Program
- Bachay, J. B., & Buzzi, B. M. (2012). Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Challenges and Opportunities for Mental Health Practitioners. Ideas and Research You Can Use: VISTAS 2012 1(71), 1-11.
- Bachay, J. B., & Fernandez - Calienes, R. (2008). Women Moving Forward: Justice, Toward a System of Right Relationships (Vol. III). Miami: BookSurge Publishing.
- Pickens, J., Bachay, J., & Treadwell, L. (2009). University for Diversity: A Case Study. Journal of College and Character 10 (4), 1-16.
- Bachay, J. (1996). Creating Peace, Building Community: Grade 7 Student Activity Book. Peace Education Foundation.
- Bachay, J. (2005). Groups. In N. Borkowski, Organizational Behavior in Healthcare (pp. 331-343). Sudbury, Massachusetts: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Bachay, J. B., & Cingel, P. A. (2009). Restructuring Resilience: Emerging Voices. Affilia Summer , 14 (2), 162-175.