|Dr. Barbara McCormick Buzzi
- PhD, Barry University; MS, St. Thomas University; BSN, Barry University.
- Professor of Education, Counselor Education/Student Counseling
- (305) 628-6584
Dr. Barbara M. Buzzi has been a Professor of Counselor Education and Coordinator of the Marriage and Family Therapy Graduate Programs at St. Thomas University since 1986. She earned a PhD in Leadership and Counseling from Barry University and is a Florida Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She is also a Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, where she held a state office in the Florida division. She is active in faculty governance issues and is the advisor for the Sigma Tau chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, the Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International.
Areas of Interest:
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Women’s Mental Health and Relational Wellbeing Throughout the Family Life Cycle
- Inclusion, Diversity and Gender issues in Family therapy.
- Work and Family Balance
- Death & Dying
Click to view/download PDF
- Bachay, J. B., & Buzzi, B. M. (2012). Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Challenges and Opportunities for Mental Health Practitioners. Ideas and Research You Can Use: VISTAS 2012 (71), 1-11.
- DeYoung, R., & Buzzi, B. (2003). Ultimate Coping Strategies: The Differences among Parents of Murdered or Abducted, Long-Term Missing Children. OMEGA—Journal of Death and Dying, XLVII(4),343-360. Retrieved from Forensic Recovery.