Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management specialization is designed to equip you with the skills necessary for human resource management, development, planning, and staffing. Students can specialize in Human Resource Management in the following programs:
Master of Business Administration specializing in Human Resource Management
Master of Science in Management specializing in Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management Certificate
The graduate certificate in Human Resource Management program is designed for career professionals who desire additional skills in their capacities as directors of human resource departments or as managers of training and development.
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management is awarded after completing at St. Thomas University twelve (12) credit hours (four courses) as approved by the program office from the following list:
- MAN 607 Human Resources Planning and Staffing - 3 credits
- MAN 703 Human Resource Management (required) - 3 credits
- MAN 710 Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Management - 3 credits
- MAN 712 Labor-Management Relations - 3 credits
- MAN 727 Organizational Development - 3 credits
- MAN 729 Human Resources Development - 3 credits
- MAN 730 Compensation Administration - 3 credits
Admissions and academic requirements for the Graduate Certificate Program are the same as for the Master of Science in Management degree program. In addition, a student must earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for courses applied to a graduate certificate.