A Warm Welcome from our Dean
Welcome to St. Thomas University.
As the Dean of the School of Business, I am pleased to introduce you to an educational experience that will lead you to success.
The School offers programs in essential business subjects, each emphasizing ethics and leadership skills. Our graduates find career opportunities in such fields as Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing , and Economics.
Our Bachelor or Masters Degree students will find specializations in International Business, Human Resource Management, Justice Administration, and Tourism and Hospitality. The School’s Sports Administration specialization is nationally recognized.
The world is a much different place than it was even five years ago, with social, economic, and political challenges waiting for solutions. When the real-world perspective that our faculty brings is combined with an atmosphere that fosters questions and debate, you have an environment that will prepare you for creating those solutions.
One of the changes we see in our prospective students is a closer look at education options. St. Thomas welcomes this examination; your learning experience, in a small, intimate setting, will be custom-made for you. Our average class size is 15 students, and we have one of the smallest student-faculty ratios in the country.
St. Thomas’s School of Business will give you a competitive edge as you search for career opportunities. Among our unique attributes:
- Personalized student advising.
- Attention to career development and placement
- Small class size and low student-instructor ratio
- Emphasis on an ethical and value-driven education
- Special attention to the development of leadership skills
- Comprehensive education in key areas of business, such as accounting, finance, marketing, management and economics
- Instruction by an experienced and dedicated faculty, with both academic and business experience
Working closely with our students and helping them achieve career success is what drives us to higher levels of excellence. My faculty and I are ready to prepare you to be a “leader for life.”
J. ANTONIO VILLAMIL,
Dean and Research Professor of Economics