How to Join International Moot Court
Recruiting of new members begins at the start of the fall and spring semesters during a student's second and third year. Eligibility for International Moot Court membership shall be limited to:
- 2Ls, 3Ls, and LL.M students.
- Students who have successfully completed the Appellate Advocacy program.
- Students who are not concurrently members of Moot Court or Trial Team.
- Students on good academic standing.
Additionally, students joining IMC must take International Law prior to their graduation. All of our members are encouraged to take International Law as early as the first semester of their second year in order to compete in our prestigious competitions. For a complete list of member duties and board rules, please see our constitution.
A second year student can become a member of IMC through the following options:
- Students may become a member through participation in an "intramural" competition. Each competitor must submit a written brief and present an oral argument. Students will submit the same brief and will make the same oral argument that was used for appellate advocacy.
- Students who receive an outstanding student award in their first-year legal research and writing, or in the advanced legal research and writing course, will be extended an invitation to become a member (no need to participate in the "intramural" competition).
- Students who receive an outstanding student award in their appellate advocacy course will be extended an invitation to become a member (no need to participate in the "intramural" competition).
If you have any questions, please contact any of our executive board officers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.