Orientation 2014 Checklist
1. Please review your respective class syllabi.
2. Since many students like to know the important dates for the next school year, please take the time to review the 2014-2015 Academic Calendar
3. FINANCIAL AID:
If you have not already done so, complete the FAFSA, www.fafsa.ed.gov
. St. Thomas University’s federal school code is: 001468. Instructions on “How to Apply” for financial aid can be found at: www.stu.edu/lawfinancialaid
On-campus housing is available on a first come basis. You may secure on-campus housing in Villanova Hall by contacting Richard McNab at 305.628.6554 or email@example.com
. For off-campus housing in Miami Lakes please contact Janille Silva of Graham Residential at 305.821.1138 or David Sao of Gleneagles Apartments at 305.362.3803.
5. TRANSCRIPTS: Have your official transcript, indicating your baccalaureate degree has been conferred, mailed to the Office of Admissions before you begin your fall semester. Students may not continue their studies beyond the first semester if the official transcript indicating the degree has been conferred is not received by the Office of Admissions. The transcript submitted to LSAC is not sufficient. St. Thomas University School of Law must receive the official transcript(s) from each of your undergraduate institutions.
6. MEDICAL HISTORY REPORT AND IMMUNIZATION REPORT:
All students are required to show documentation of the following vaccinations:
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Hepatitis B: proof of one of the following:
- Immunization with three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or Blood test data taken within the
- month prior only showing the presence of the Hepatitis B antibody.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization: proof of the following:
- Two doses of the MMR immunization or blood test data showing evidence of immunity taken within the last month.
- A booster or Tetanus and Diphtheria (Td) taken within the last ten years.
You may obtain these records from either your doctor, or your undergraduate program.
Students may not attend classes, or move into their residence halls until they comply with these health guidelines.
7. PROOF OF INSURANCE:
You have two opportunities to provide proof of insurance. Once you receive your student ID and PIN, you may present your insurance information on-line. You may also wait until orientation and provide the information in person. Providing proof of insurance is the only way to opt out of the school insurance plan. Otherwise, you will be enrolled in the school insurance plan and the charge will appear on your tuition statement.
8. You have a continuing obligation to update your application to St. Thomas University School of Law. Students who intend to practice law should be aware that admission to the Bar in all states involves character, fitness and other qualifications. Students are encouraged to determine what those requirements are in the state(s) in which they intend to practice by consulting the website of the National Conference of Bar Examiners at http://www.ncbex.org/
9. Take the time to print out and bring a copy of the Orientation Material
We look forward to seeing you on August 13, 2014 for Orientation.
For information contact us
St. Thomas University
School of Law
Office of Admissions
16401 NW 37th Ave
Miami Gardens, Florida 33054