Accessing LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law
If one of your professors requires you to use Blackboard or TWEN for their course or is requiring LexisNexis, WestLaw, or Bloomberg Law use, complete the following:
Pick up your LexisNexis, WestLaw, and Bloomberg Law account numbers at the Law Library Circulation Desk. You will need a photo ID.
- Go to the LexisNexis page, enter the activation code in the box where it says “Enter Activation Code” and click the “Next” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a user name (called a “LexisNexis Custom ID”) and password. We recommend using your @stu.edu email address as the user name. Use your @stu.edu email account as the email account when asked for one.
- Go to the Westlaw page, enter your @stu.edu email address in the box and click the “go” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a user name and password. We recommend using your @stu.edu email address as the user name.
- You will need both accounts during your time in law school. To avoid problems later on, we recommend registering both accounts as soon as possible.
For Bloomberg Law:
- Go to www.bloomberglaw.com/activate to register for access.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register using your @stu.edu email account.
- Once you complete the registration process, and your @stu.edu email has been verified by Bloomberg Law, you will receive an email with access information.