Student Rights and Responsibilities
As a Student you have the Right to:
As a Student you are Responsible for:
- Information regarding application procedures, cost of attendance, aid availability, financial need, awarding criteria, and disbursement information.
- Information regarding tuition and fees as well as refund policies and procedures (available in the Business Office Handbook).
- Information regarding the terms and conditions of student loans (provided by your student loan lender).
- Information regarding how academic progress is determined (available in the school’s catalog or website).
- Make Inquiries regarding the status of your financial aid application.
- Accept or decline all or any portion of the financial aid being offered to you.
- Submitting valid financial aid applications in a timely manner for each academic year for which you are seeking financial assistance.
- Providing all documentation, verification information and corrections as requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Reading and responding, if necessary, to all materials sent to you from the Office of Financial Aid, Federal Processor or your lender/servicer.
- Knowing and complying with rules governing the aid you are receiving including enrollment requirements and satisfactory academic progress.
- Knowing the conditions and repayment terms of any loans you borrow as well as completing the Loan Entrance Counseling prior to receiving any disbursements of a Direct Stafford or Direct Grad PLUS Loan.
- Completing a Loan Exit Counseling prior to graduation or separation from school.
- Paying any tuition, fees, room and board, or other expenses not covered by your financial aid.