This certificate is designed for individuals who are pursuing an ESOL Endorsement from the State of Florida.
Candidates seeking admission to this certificate must file an application form with the University’s Office of Admissions. The program faculty reviews each application and makes its recommendation on admission to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions notifies applicants of the decision on their applications.
1. A completed application form submitted to the program leader.
2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in bachelor’s degree work.
4. Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
5. A Florida teaching certificate.
6. An intake interview with the Program Coordinator.
Required Courses (15 Credits)
EDU 506 Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language
EDU 511 Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding
EDU 512 ESOL Curriculum & Materials Development
EDU 516 Testing & Evaluation of ESOL
EDU 555 Applied Linguistics: Language and Literacy through ESOL
Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 to remain in academic good standing. Students must complete all required courses with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 to graduate.