Master of Arts in Communication Arts: Specialization in Electronic Media Arts
The specialization in Electronic Media Arts focuses on film, television, and video gaming. Through a multidisciplinary approach, students gain a comprehensive understanding of electronic media. This specialization would be an asset for either an academic or business career in media because it provides a competitive edge in the media workplace or prepares students for continuing their education in a doctoral program.
Outcomes for the Specialization in Electronic Media Arts
Students who successfully complete the program will have a comprehensive understanding of the major areas of electronic media: film, television and video gaming. This understanding will include:
- The history and development of the media
- The social impact of the media
- Film and gaming theory
- Familiarity with cutting-edge media and convergence of media
- Practical knowledge of film festivals and gaming tournaments
- The fundamentals of media production
- The fundamentals of business structure
All students will have the skills to undertake academic research in these areas and will have a solid background in theory and ethics.
Questions or comments please contact:
Dr. Gloria P. Ruiz, Director email@example.com 305.628 6508
Administrative Offices: firstname.lastname@example.org or 305.628.6645