School of Leadership Studies Celebrates the 10th Annual WSTU95 Awards Ceremony
The Institute for Communication, Entertainment and Media of St. Thomas University celebrated its 10th Annual WSTU95 Awards Ceremony on April 10, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Bobcat Hall of Fame. The awards showcased the best work of students in television production and visual arts.
A panel of judges of distinguished members of the media industry evaluated the students’ work and selected the best pieces to be awarded. The panel of judges consisted of Dinkinish O’Connor, an award winning writer and food and wine critic; Rudy Castellon, a television producer whose latest work was in the show Married to Medicine
; and Mari Urdaneta, an MTV and EMI awards winner and a renowned television producer and talent manager.
The ceremony began with an invocation by Claudia Herrera from Campus Ministry followed by the interpretation of the National Anthem of the United States of America performed by Natalia Perullas, one of the Communication Arts students. Dr. Marcela Moyano, Faculty advisor of WSTU95, addressed the audience and highlighted major accomplishments of WSTU95 during the 2013-2014 academic year. The ceremony concluded with some words from Dr. Susan Angulo.
Students awarded were:
- Xianelly Guzman, Danielle Borrelli, Reyna Valladares, Daniel Munoz, Nina Quintana, Andrea Zambrano and Crystal Miralles for Wake Up_Join ICEM as Best Commercial.
- Carlos Marquez for Best Drawing
- Sabrina Suarez for Best Painting
- Daphnee Arana for Best Photography
- Amanda Prats for Best High School Journalistic Piece
- Tracy Asencio, Daniel Muñoz, and Esteban Rodriguez for “xxx” as Best Parody
- Nelly Guzman, Danielle Borrelli, Reyna Valladares, Nina Quintana, Crystal Miralles, Grover Ordonez and Daniel Munoz for Bondage as Best TV Production.
The ceremony was sponsored by Exquisite Catering.