The Institute for Communication, Entertainment & Media at St. Thomas University offers an undergraduate major and several minors in Communication Arts. It also provides extensive offerings in the arts including painting, drawing and mixed media along with computer art courses and survey courses about historical and contemporary art.
The Communication Arts major
recognizes that communication abilities are vital leadership skills for all careers and professions. These skills are central for lifelong learning that the 21st century demands. The refinement of our students’ reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills along with the ability to effectively use communications technologies is among the most important objectives of our programs.
The communication program major prepares students effectively for careers in a wide range of areas. Our students graduate from STU with a sense of accomplishment and a deep understanding of the skills necessary for media and communications related professions.
The BA in Communication Arts curriculum is guided by eight learning outcomes to support the Institute’s goals. Students will:
Questions or comments please contact:
- Acquire and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Develop and integrate the ability to write in an articulate, complex, and clear manner.
- Develop skills to identify and produce quality production materials for their area of study.
- Develop skills to express themselves orally in a clear, articulate, and intelligent manner in a variety of situations.
- Develop skills to be proficient in current technology.
- Be familiar with, value and demonstrate culturally competency in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understand the power of media and the ethical use of that power.
- Establish and develop leadership skills.
Dr. Marcela Moyano, Director email@example.com
Administrative Offices: firstname.lastname@example.org