Thank you for your interest in celebrating the sacrament of Marriage in our beautiful Chapel!
In order to facilitate the process and that the love between you and your fiancé is expressed in its sacramental totality, the following steps ought to be followed to make this event a beautiful and life-long vocation. Prior to scheduling a date or making any form of reservations (i.e. reception, travel arrangements, flowers, photography, etc.) the following should be completed in the following steps:
- Complete Marriage Application
- Provide a recent copy of your Baptismal Certificates (both the bride and groom, with Notations) dated within a Six (6) month period.
- Provide Government Issued I.D.’s
- If you live within the Archdiocese of Miami you must complete all the requirements in your home parish and have the file forwarded to the Office of Campus Ministry.
- If your local parish is located outside of the Archdiocese of Miami all paperwork is to be completed in your local (Arch)Diocese and a Litterae Testimoniales or Nihil Obstat must be completed and sent to the Archdiocese of Miami by the (Arch)Diocese in which you reside. Please consult your local parish.
- Upon completion of the pre-requisites, mentioned above, you will proceed to meet with the priest.
- The file should already have been mailed by the parish to the Office of Campus Ministry, do not bring the file yourself!
- Please note that the sacramental marriage requires a six (6) month preparation period and NO arrangements should be made until the marriage file is completed.
- At the meeting with the priest, after you’ve been given an appointment, you will proceed to complete the following:
- Meet and greet, get to know each other and begin the process of planning the wedding.
- Deposit of a non-refundable fee ($100.00) for the Tentative Wedding date.
Upon the completion and fulfillment of these requirements the wedding date will be selected depending on the availability of the Chapel. It is then that you may proceed to make all the necessary arrangements upon approval of the priest.
- Please note that this is assuming that there have not been previous marriages (neither in the Church nor Civilly). If you or your fiancé has been married previously (in the Church or Civilly) we must determine the freedom to marry during the initial interview of step 2.
- All correspondence and dialogue will be directly with the couple to be married. NOT WITH FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS.
While we enjoy the faculties to witness and administer the Sacraments in the Chapel of St. Anthony, we may only do so for those who are directly in relationship with St. Thomas University (i.e. Board Members, Faculty, Staff, Students)
Click here to make a donation to Campus Ministry.