BE PASSIONATE. BE INSPIRED. BE A LEADER FOR LIFE
Catholic Education Continuum
Committed to developing Leaders for Life and embracing a vision of lifelong learning that will enrich the Catholic Faith, St. Thomas University has introduced the Catholic Education Continuum (CEC) to foster educational and spiritual growth for Catholic High School graduates.
The Catholic Education Continuum is a very special initiative developed by St. Thomas University, one of only eleven diocesan universities in the United States. The program provides an extraordinary opportunity for Catholic High School students during the critical formative high school and college years. In collaboration with partner Catholic High Schools, the STU program offers several benefits.
How does over $100,000 of scholarship assistance sound to you?
In support of the commitment your family has made to a Catholic education, the University Catholic Education Continuum Scholarship Program awards a full scholarship to one graduate of each of the Catholic High Schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, West Palm Beach, Orlando, and Jacksonville counties. Applicants are encouraged to apply and be admitted by February 2, 2016, for priority consideration.
Additionally, other students coming directly from the Catholic Education Continuum partnership schools are eligible to receive up to a 60% tuition grant. Minimum requirements to be considered are: a 3.3 GPA and 1100 SAT or 24 ACT score. The scholarship is renewable for four consecutive academic years providing full-time enrollment and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is maintained.
Catholic Education Continuum Benefits at a Glance
- Full scholarship opportunity for one student from each Catholic high school valued at $100,000
- Up to 60% tuition discount scholarships and a guarantee of a 50% discount for students participating in Dual Enrollment
- Dual Enrollment participation allowing students to progress towards a Bachelor’s degree while in High School, reducing the cost and time of their higher education pursuits.
- Build upon students’ academic and professional interests through involvement in the Academies
- Provide Dual Enrollment staff and mentors, working closely with students through the last years of their high school journey.
- Exposure to industry leaders through the Career Academies
St. Thomas University staff members are assigned to each partner school for support in offering college level classes to high school students. Through the Dual Enrollment program, students are able to enroll in classes that meet their high school requirement and earn them college credit. The classes are taught by teachers that have been certified to teach college level classes.
Classes take place at the high school, making it extremely convenient for students, parents, and teachers.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU WANT TO GO IN LIFE, YOU CAN GET THERE FROM HERE.