Assistant Director of Admissions (Enrollment Services & Communications Specialist)
The Law School Assistant Director for Admissions participates in new and strategic goal setting to increase applications, establishing relationships with community and law school entities to promote St. Thomas Law and provide advising services to prospects, applicants, and prelaw communities. The Law School Assistant Director is a complex administrative position that should maintain extensive knowledge of university, ABA admission requirements and Financial Aid, policies, and procedures in order to be able to review and approve applicant files for Admission.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Assistant Dean for Enrollment, and Directors of Admissions and Financial Services to accomplish the tasks and goals of the Admissions Office.
- Work with the Assistant Dean for Enrollment, and the Directors of Admissions and Financial Services to develop and implement an admissions recruitment program and communications plan designed to identify and recruit students, to track and communicate with students during the application process, to assist applicants in the admissions and financial aid process, and to communicate admissions decisions to students in a timely manner.
- This position requires that the employee travel locally and across the country to attend recruitment events to ensure the quality and diversity of the law school body.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new markets for targeted recruitment.
- Monitor and manage the communication flow to applicants, undergraduate career centers, and pre-law advisors.
- Assist the Assistant Dean for Enrollment with updating and creating all marketing resources relating to applicants, admitted students, and financial aid.
- Create and manage all manner of social media outreach to prospective students.
- Coordinate, compose, and schedule email communications from the Admissions Office to specific student groups with assistance from the Directors of Admissions and Financial Services.
- Assist with research and development of the recruitment plan and calendar and represent St. Thomas Law at recruiting events throughout the country.
- Coordinate private visits with student groups, undergraduate faculty and administrators, and prelaw advisors.
- Participate in other related Admissions and Diversity initiatives.
- Assist the Assistant Dean for Enrollment in developing the law school profile and other recruiting materials.
- Maintain a pre-law contact list and prepare mailings to pre-law advisors [August (start of school year), January (Admissions underway), May (Summer)]
- Deliver and post applicant decisions through the application database, mail, and various tele-communications.
- Coordinate and manage New Student Orientation Information and Student ID process.
- Maintains follow-up communications with pre-law contact lists, prelaw advisors, incoming students, and applicants. [August (start of school year), January (Admissions underway), May (Summer)]
- Assist the Director of Law School Financial Services by
- serving as the primary contact for financial inquiries during peak processing periods.
- answering general FA application questions (email and phone calls)
- providing students with FA application status information such as application procedures, cost of attendance, missing information, and disbursement dates
- The Assistant Director provides application guidance and assistance to prelaw students and prelaw professionals.
- The Assistant Director responds to written and telephone inquiries from prospective students and applicants and advises students about the admissions and financial aid process.
- The Assistant Director meets with applicants and admitted students on-and-off campus to provide guidance regarding the admissions process and to showcase the law school.
- The Assistant Director reviews and recommends new applications for admission.
- The Assistant Directors processes changes in admissions and student records, as required and appropriate, including updating applicant files and scanning applicant information into the ACES2 module as necessary.
- The Assistant Director represents the Law School at on-campus and off-campus events and maintains ongoing contact and good public relations with students and staff.
- The Assistant Director keeps abreast of all admissions, financial aid and student affairs policies and guidelines.
- The Assistant Director completes and performs other related projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Director of Admissions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Be a self-starter able to work under pressure and meet established deadlines. Ability to think “outside the box” and to lead and manage change.
- Maintain confidentiality of applicant information.
- Be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Superior attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to concentrate on work projects despite interruptions by heavy volume of telephone calls and visitors.
- Adept at record-keeping and general office procedures
- The position requires ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials weighing up to approximately 25 to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters preferred.
- Law school admissions and communications/marketing experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous general office experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge and proven proficiency with various tele-communications (technology) and office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of integrated software systems and all Microsoft Office and Social Media applications.
- Knowledge and strong skills in integrated software systems, particularly Datatel, CRMs, and reporting tools.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to Nadia Castriota:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.