DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Audiovisual Technician is responsible for delivering audio/video operations for academic, administrative, and organizational events. This individual provides AV technical support for classes and events throughout the STU campus, and beyond if necessary. This person will provide training, support, and consultation to faculty, staff, and students using audiovisual technology. This person works collaboratively with the staff of the Office of Marketing and Communications and also with of STU’s Office of Information Technology to support the daily operations and goals of the units and the strategic initiatives of the University.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Classroom Support – The Audiovisual Technician provides direct support for faculty, students, and administrative staff in their use of classroom technology. This person responds to and troubleshoots technology problems in classrooms and other university spaces.
- Live Event Support – The Audiovisual Technician operates audio and video equipment in support of live events and supports web conferencing.
- Conduct basic video editing and post recorded lectures and events to LMS.
- Document and maintain campus wide AV procedures and a complete list of AV equipment inventory.
- Training – This individual provides technology training to faculty, staff, and students.
- Technology Maintenance – This technician preforms testing and preventative maintenance on audiovisual technology.
- Work collaboratively with other STU staff to implement services and systems and participate on project teams, committees, and attend meetings as necessary.
In order to meet the needs of the University, the University retains the right to assign duties and requirements to employees, determine and change starting times, end-of-day times, and shifts, and change appointment specifications.
- Three years of audiovisual experience.
- Demonstrated relevant knowledge and technical experience in Audiovisual technology, including video switchers, audio mixers, and all related peripherals.
- Demonstrated ability using web conference services such as Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
- Proficient in directing a crew, and applying appropriate technical knowledge in support of live audiovisual production.
- Demonstrated experience in live audiovisual event support.
- Proficient in using critical thinking skills to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose technology related issues.
- Effective oral, written, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service skills are a must.
- Demonstrated organization skills, self-direction, and self-motivation.
- Experience with hardware such as Apple, PCs, and tablet devices.
- Experience with multiple operating systems such as MacOS, Windows, iOS, Chrome OS, and Android
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology, broadcast, or multimedia discipline.
- Background in live audio and video for broadcast.
- Experience with lecture capture platforms, such as Echo360, Panopto, Tegrity, etc.
- Experience with LMS, such as Canvas and/or Blackboard.
- Proficient at the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Experience with Crestron control systems.
- Previous experience with Higher Education Technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional references.
- AV Technicians: 3 years (Required)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply on Indeed.com
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.