Career Development Center Manger
The position is a full-time, year-round position that not only educates students on career pathways but engages them in experiential learning opportunities and career planning; prepare them for their job search; and connect them with potential employers. The Career Development Center Manager establishes and maintains successful relationships with colleagues and employers in order to lead individuals toward a common vision of supporting student career readiness, connects multiple offices and departments together to accomplish program goals, maintains relevant industry knowledge, and operates within a framework of building structures and systems to support students in reaching career readiness. This position functions as a key member of the university staff and CareerSource South Florida. The role dually reports to the Supervisor of Adult Programs at CareerSource South Florida and the Director of Career Services.
Daily responsibilities may include but are not limited to: provide one-on-one career education to STU students in drop-in and appointment-based formats on the following topics: career exploration, job and internship search skills (networking, resume/cover letter, interviewing, job offer negotiation), and the graduate school application process. Create and deliver presentations and workshops on career-related topics ranging from self-assessment to job offer negotiation.
Required Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, adult education, career counseling, Business Administration, STEM, or a related field
- Reflecting institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the university’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Experience managing large-scale programs (one year of professional experience or two years of graduate assistantship experience)
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience in visioning, planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating innovative career programs
- Two years of experience providing career-related coaching/advising
- Experience working in a higher education career services environment
- Experience providing career services to graduate students
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships across a university campus
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with external partners, such as employers or alumni
- Experience with classroom teaching
- Experience adapting to technology platforms to accomplish goals
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.