Dean of Graduate and Online Programs
St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens, FL, is currently accepting applications for Dean of Graduate and Online Programs position starting immediately.
This role presents the opportunity to join St. Thomas University at an exciting and transformative time. STU’s 10th President, David A. Armstrong, J.D., joined the university in August of 2018. Since that time, he has assembled an unrivaled senior leadership team and championed unprecedented growth and fiscal equilibrium, positioning the university for success well into the future. Early successes include two years of record-breaking incoming classes, the addition of cocurricular programs including band and choir as well as extracurricular athletic offerings including football, expansion of facilities and programs, and expansion of mission-focused degree program offerings at all levels. Under the supervision of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to refine and create programs and, paired with academic and operational quality, will contribute to the success of the institution for generations to come.
The Dean should be an individual with a proven record of accomplishment in building strong academic programs, recruiting, training, and evaluating excellent faculty, building excellence in academic operations, and partnership development. Under direction of the Provost of the University, the Dean oversees the Online and Graduate Programs with the vision of growing the division into “STU Global”, a world-class set of offerings from St. Thomas University.
The selected candidate for this administrative position is expected to lead in:
- Developing and evaluating College curricula.
- Launching, evaluating, and revising innovative programs in online, graduate, and adult fields.
- Developing partnerships with local and regional businesses, agencies, governments, and other organizations to build program enrollment.
- Successful management of OPM relationships, budgets, and academic operations.
- Collaborative, outcomes-oriented, shared leadership for enrollment management for graduate and online programs; the ability to collaborate effectively with the VP of Enrollment Management to achieve and exceed shared goals.
Applicants should have competencies in the following areas:
- Strong background in building and revising online and graduate academic programs.
- Leadership experience with adult and online higher education.
- Ability to create a strong sense of advocacy on behalf of the University.
- A record of accomplishment working with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with leading and oversight of all aspects of online and adult program operations.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university with rich cultural and international diversity committed to the academic and professional success of its students who become ethical leaders in our global community. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution and the only Catholic Archdiocesan sponsored university in the State of Florida.
Minimum qualifications: Candidates should hold a terminal degree pertinent to disciplines taught at that the university and/or in a field closely related to the execution of this role. Candidates should have an established record of success as it relates to the expectations and competencies for the position.
Application Process: To receive full consideration, all materials must be received by (March 1, 2021). Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Cover letter and curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required prior to hire)
- Contact information for three professional references
Please compile the requested information in one single .pdf file or a .zip file with the requested documentation. Incomplete application packets will result in delay of review by search committee. Email your complete application package to CBarberis@STU.EDU with subject line ATTN: Dean of Online and Adult Search Committee for consideration.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees must pass a criminal background check prior to commencement of employment and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Visa sponsorship not supported for this position