Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Technology
St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens, FL, invites applications for Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Technology position starting Spring 2022. The Dean should be an individual with a proven record of accomplishment in partnership development, academic excellence, and fundraising. Reporting the Provost of the University, the Dean oversees the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs of Health Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Exercise Science, Athletic Training, Bioethics, Data Science, Nursing, Natural Science, Engineering (transfer program) Cell & Molecular Biology, and Health & Medical Sciences.
The selected candidate for this administrative position is expected to lead in:
- Developing and evaluating College curricula.
- Launching innovative programs in science, health sciences, and related fields.
- Developing partnerships with local and regional entities in conjunction with the community at large.
- Fundraising and development efforts.
Applicants should have competencies in the following areas:
- Ability to create a strong sense of advocacy on behalf of the College.
- A record of accomplishment working with a diverse group of faculty, students, and administrators.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of emerging science and technology careers and degrees.
- Proven fundraising record.
- Background in online programs.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university with rich cultural and international diversity committed to the academic and professional success of its students who become ethical leaders in our global community. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution and the only Catholic Archdiocesan sponsored university in the State of Florida.
Minimum qualifications: Candidates should hold a terminal degree in one of the programmatic fields in the College of Health Sciences & Technology, and an established record of accomplishment in academic excellence. Prior record of accomplishment in research and partnership development are preferred.
Application Process: To receive full consideration, all materials must be received by December 3, 2021.
- Cover letter and curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required prior to hire)
- Contact information for three professional references
Please compile the requested information in one single .pdf file or a .zip file with the requested documentation. Incomplete application packets will result in delay of review by search committee. Email your complete application package to Fernandez@STU.EDU with subject line ATTN: Dean of Science Search Committee for consideration.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees must pass a criminal background check prior to commencement of employment and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Visa sponsorship not supported for this position