Dean of the Gus Machado College of Business
St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens, FL, invites applications for Dean of the Gus Machado College of Business position starting July 1, 2021.
This role presents the opportunity to join St. Thomas University at an exciting and transformative time. STU’s 10th President, David A. Armstrong, J.D., joined the university in August of 2018. Since that time, he has assembled an unrivaled senior leadership team and championed unprecedented growth and fiscal equilibrium, positioning the university for success well into the future. Early successes include two years of record-breaking incoming classes, the addition of cocurricular programs including band and choir as well as extracurricular athletic offerings including football, expansion of facilities and programs, and expansion of mission-focused degree program offerings at all levels. Under the supervision of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to refine and create programs and, paired with academic and operational quality, will contribute to the success of the institution for generations to come.
The Dean should be an individual with a proven record of accomplishment in building strong academic programs, recruiting and training excellent faculty, and partnership development. Under direction of the Provost of the University, the Dean oversees the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs of Accounting, Management, Sports Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Cybersecurity Management, and Fashion Merchandising.
The selected candidate for this administrative position is expected to lead in:
- Developing and evaluating College curricula.
- Launching, managing, assessing, evaluating, and revising innovative programs in Business fields.
- Developing partnerships with local and regional businesses, agencies, governments, and other organizations to build program enrollment.
- Serving as an effective partner for fundraising and development efforts.
Applicants should have competencies in the following areas:
- Strong background in building and revising academic programs, including online programs.
- Expertise in emerging business careers and degrees.
- Ability to create a strong sense of advocacy on behalf of the College.
- A record of accomplishment working with a diverse group of faculty, student and administrators.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with leading and partnering for effective fundraising.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university with rich cultural and international diversity committed to the academic and professional success of its students who become ethical leaders in our global community. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution and the only Catholic Archdiocesan sponsored university in the State of Florida.
Minimum qualifications: Candidates should hold a terminal degree pertinent to disciplines taught at that the university and/or in a field closely related to the execution of this role. Candidates should have an established record of success as it relates to the expectations and competencies for the position.
Application Process: To receive full consideration, all materials must be received by (March 15, 2021).
- Cover letter and curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required prior to hire)
- Contact information for three professional references
Please compile the requested information in one single .pdf file or a .zip file with the requested documentation. Incomplete application packets will result in delay of review by search committee. Email your complete application package to cbarberis@STU.EDU with subject line ATTN: Dean of Business Search Committee for consideration.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees must pass a criminal background check prior to commencement of employment and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Visa sponsorship not supported for this position