Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Reporting to the Provost/Chief Academic Officer, the Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness (IR&E) analyzes university-wide data and information to fulfill internal and external requests for compliance and actionable use by decision makers. Additionally as a member of the Provost’s team, the Director of IR&E supports STU’s mission and strategic goals by working directly with STU key stakeholders to support their understanding and use of data that comports with higher education standards and norms for internal and external use. The Director will serve as the central source for institutional data and reporting.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution; doctoral degree preferred.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills with the ability to compile and analyze data and prepare reports in relation to policy questions, research purpose and strategic planning efforts. This includes, but is not limited to assessments in areas related to student success, student data analysis (such as enrollment, retention, graduation, and time to degree), and academic data analysis (such as productivity and cost of instruction). Familiarity with Colleague preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and to work collaboratively and/or independently toward project completion.
- Prior higher education leadership experience in this or a closely related area of expertise.
- Demonstrated success in communication with and/or coaching a range of stakeholders as well a facilitating the use of data to inform actionable decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collegial working relationships with campus constituents.
- Ability to manage 1-2 student workers
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.