Executive Administrative Assistant
Provide office support services to department of VP of Administration.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set Quarterly Investment Committee Meetings and Finance Committee Meetings, provide logistical support to visiting executives in coordination with other executive assistants and prepare packages for the meetings, as well to the Board of Trustees Meeting.
- Serve as a professional representative for the Vice President of Administration/CFO to executive clients, and board members.
- Coordinate/maintain calendar priorities and schedule appointments with President, Vice Presidents, Deans/Directors, and outside groups for Vice President for Administrative Affairs/Treasurer, including staff meetings.
- Serve as contact between the Vice President of Administration/CFO and clients regarding client accounts and new business.
- Forecast, plan and request blanket purchase orders for annual operating budgets for the Office of Public Safety, university memberships, legal services and vehicle leases.
- Process and code incoming invoices.
- Review, code and approve credit card transactions.
- Arrange meeting space and catering.
- Forward Merrill Lynch, SunTrust, and the Catholic Community Foundation Statements to Accounting Office.
- Welcome and assist incoming visitors; screen and announce when appropriate.
- Receive and route incoming calls in an efficient and courteous manner; take accurate messages as necessary.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, letters, memos, reports and other miscellaneous correspondence from hand-written copy or transcriber.
- Open, date-stamp, sort, and distribute departmental mail.
- Copy, scan and collate materials.
- Coordinate/schedule travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for Vice President/CFO.
- Maintain university files.
- Maintain recordkeeping and filing systems by classifying, sorting and filing correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Inventory office supplies, including monitoring and reordering as required.
- Coordinate with vendors and Accounts Payable department regarding payment schedules.
- Maintains information and works directly with vendors regarding products and contract matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associate’s Degree or above preferred.
- Minimum of three years previous secretarial experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge and proven proficiency with office practices and procedures.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to type memorandums, letters, and enter data accurately.
- Excellent proofreading skills and effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Professional appearance and demeanor including experience in meeting the public and dealing with people using tact, poise, patience and courtesy.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.