The Floor Care Technician performs assigned floor care functions based on St. Thomas University standards and procedures. In addition to this, the floor technician performs environmental services as needed and strips, waxes, and buffs floor on an as needed basis.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning offices, hallways, and common areas
- Cleaning, dusting, mopping, stripping and waxing floors
- Measuring chemicals appropriately
- Operating floor equipment that includes but not limited to T5 auto-scrubber, ride along auto-scrubber, burnishes, and carpet extractors
- Keeping inventory of floor equipment and recording the hours used each day
- Breaking down floor equipment
- Assisting with hazardous waste collection
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 5+ years’ of Floor Care experience
- Good knowledge of custodial services, practices and procedures
- The work environment is professional. Physically fellow employee must be able to lift/push/pull/carry up to or more than 70 pounds.
- May be required to work evenings and irregular hours to complete floor projects
- Team Oriented
- Great Communicator
- Results Driven
- Custodial Position/Expected hours per week will be 37.5 hours. This is subject to change based on the needs of the University
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.