Graduate Admissions Advisor
**This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be considered.**
Execute the recruitment and admissions of graduate/online students including assisting with marketing of all university graduate programs, leading to an increase in student enrollment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Disseminate graduate admissions procedures and information over the telephone or in-person to prospective students. Follow up with letters and additional information to interested students. Responsible for pre-determined segment of the graduate population, e.g., MSM (Masters of Science in Management), MBA (Masters of Business Administration), and Accounting. Arrange schedule of visits to potential institutions and organizations via telephone or letter. Assist with the promotion and marketing of the university’s graduate programs to the general public through visits to private businesses and local government agencies and attendance at Career Days. Work directly with faculty coordinators for increased enrollment.
Present information on St. Thomas University to groups and/or individuals. Describe the environment, quality of faculty, facilities and programs of study at the graduate level. Develop and implement a recruitment plan targeting the graduate international student market. This includes increasing applications and subsequent acceptances to graduate programs. Evaluate graduate international student credentials in order to recommend an admission decision. Implement a plan to increase the flow of communication with inquirers, applicants and admitted students. Convert pending students to accepted. Serve on University committees as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position in a college/university admissions office.
- Possess a working knowledge of marketing as applied to student recruitment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with personal computers and software (Ellucian Recruit) and experience with mainframe systems preferred.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with attention to detail and strong organizational skills needed to accomplish several ongoing assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet established deadlines and exercise tact when dealing with difficult people on the telephone or in person.
- Position requires some travel and irregular hours demanding a willingness to work a flexible schedule and commit to evenings/weekends for special events and/or emergencies.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- Works regularly with information requiring utmost discretion and integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply on Indeed.com
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.