Graduate Education Admissions Advisor
The Graduate Education Admissions Advisor position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Enrollment Services Advisor guides prospective online and graduate students through one of the most important investment decisions they will ever make…the decision to pursue and earn their degree.
The Graduate Education Admissions Advisor provides consultative services to students in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations and best practices for serving online, adult & graduate students.
Essential Job Duties:
- Represent the organization’s brand well and carry the sense of the University’s mission through each interaction. Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment and prospecting activities including open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Identifying and qualifying prospective graduate, adult, & online students.
- Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the enrollment services process and program offerings consistent with the University’s academic catalogs and/or University websites.
- Advisors should be prepared to make as many as 250 phone calls in a day.
- Develop and adhere to an effective CRM call strategy that includes communicating effective messages to potential students either through oral or written communications. This call strategy may be long term based on student circumstances and needs.
- Schedule and conduct enrollment services interviews virtually and in-person.
- Collaborate with prospective students to identify and address enrollment concerns. Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature
- Must have the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience.
- Student Progression/Servicing Existing Students/Administrative Time.
- Follow-up with current students through the completion of the University’s add/drop period to ensure student support and success.
- Develop and implement a strategy for successful new student progression.
- Ability to secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered. Develop a network of students in order to generate recommendations to the university (friends, family, etc.).
- Participate and successfully complete all required company and University training.
- Assist other University personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Director of Enrollment.
- Ability to reach the minimum expectations as laid out for the Enrollment Advisor position (failure to do so could result in termination).
Prior Knowledge or Experience:
- Understanding of the value of a college degree (Bachelor’s degree is required).
- Relationship building skills that will inspire your students to refer their friends and family to attend the University as well.
- Proven record of accomplishment of results-oriented success and/or phenomenal customer service.
- Business development experience preferred; prospecting
- Flexibility and attention to student story detail – Some days might require 50 return phone calls, others 250 to prospective students.
- Ability to work in a team environment; ability to maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy office climate
- Demonstrated peer leadership skills
- Demonstrated drive & persistence
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook, and a knowledge of Word
- Experience with CRM, SIS, and other client management tools
- 2-3 years of recruiting or sales experience.
- Business development and prospecting experience
- Demonstrate high-level attention to detail to ensure accuracy of student documents.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; other systems knowledge required.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel regionally (FL)
- 3-5 years of recruiting experience
- Master’s Degree
- Relatable CRM experience, Ellucian Recruit & Colleague
- Prior experience working in higher education
- A phone center background would definitely assist the transition to the expectations we will have of this professional.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.