Instructional Support Specialist
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support faculty in the application of instructional technology.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to assess classroom technology training needs.
- Investigate and respond to faculty and student issues in the online classroom in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Collect, create, and facilitate appropriate content to deploy and manage orientations, user guides, and training materials for students, faculty, and staff as needed.
- Monitor and collect online classroom and Learning Management System data to support Academic Quality.
- Assess and summarize student and faculty end-of-course surveys.
- Present data-informed recommendations for curricular and instructional improvements.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of current instructional technology and distance education instruction and curriculum best practices.
- Maintain a positive relationship with faculty, students, and staff by ensuring customer satisfaction with problem resolution.
- Fulfill additional duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work on-site.
- 2+ years of work experience in higher education.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and respect in all communications.
- Appropriate professional demeanor with faculty, students, staff, and colleagues.
- Experience in online instruction, classroom facilitation, faculty development, and/or professional training.
- Experience in instructional design and educational technology.
- Experience working with online Learning Management Systems (Canvas preferred).
- Demonstrated experience working with undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Quality Matters curriculum rubric.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.