Mail & Copy Clerk
Perform clerical and manual duties relative to the distribution and processing of mail and copying.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process incoming/outgoing mail; route and deliver mail; ensure that proper postage amount is stamped; prepare mail as required for pick-up by established deadlines.
- Assist with regular pick-ups at established locations throughout the campus of interoffice envelopes, outgoing mail, and copy jobs at established locations throughout the campus.
- Distribute copy supplies throughout campus.
- Ensure proper postage is charged to departments accordingly.
- Ensure that all restricted mail is properly accounted for and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist with sorting and delivery of mail to student mailboxes by established deadlines, and according to procedures.
- Prepare all shipments for courier service and ensure shipments are ready for pick-up or place in designated pick-up locations by established deadlines.
- Maintain work area and inventory room organized and clean.
- Follow duplicating request sheets, schedule jobs, and equipment to meet deadlines when possible; advise department immediately if deadlines cannot be met in time allowed.
- Ensure copying is charged to correct department budget lines.
- Prepare and distribute copies of various documents in high volumes.
- Handle and execute binding, lamination and mass production of booklets.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior experience in mail processing or related field helpful.
- Knowledge of mailroom practices and procedures, including operation of such equipment as scales, metering machines, and copy machines helpful.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Ability to operate equipment such as postage machines, manifest systems, various copy machines and other mail room and office equipment helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing required.
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic and calculations required.
- Computer knowledge required in Microsoft Suite required.
- Knowledge in Publisher required.
- Requires physical strength with ability to manage lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Requires standing for extended periods.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.